Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 9-#20

I like TeacherTube, and not just because it allows me to watch videos in class.
For each lecture segment of any given lesson, you could have one student who's classroom job is to video (they would fight for this one) and you post your lessons online.  Even if you didn't have an extra camera, but you had a smartboard, you could create a video for students that would provide reinforcement, or the initial lesson if they were absent.  Additionally, students could create videos for each other.  As we know, teaching is pretty high up the taxonomy, so any time I can switch roles with them at the podium, I take advantage.
On a different note, part of me wants to be a teachertube star.  Much like video killed the radio star, now Youtube has done a number on the videostar.  I have fantasized in the past of using silly videos to teach with, but also motorvate.  If you didn't miss a class, you'd unlock this video.  If you improved your grade this much, a different one.  For some reason, I am drawn to parody videos, perhaps it was too much wierd Al growing up.  I'd like to have one that parodies 'thug life' with 'teach life' to the tune of Wanksta, 50 cent, er, 50 percent.  Or one called 'Mr. Sunday Night Special' that is set to the Lynyrd Skynyrd Mr. Saturday Night Special.  My version would be all about plagiarism, and I could eventually cut and burn plagiarized papers (skeet shoot? dynamite? I am not big on plagiarism.)
For the time being, I look to TeacherTube as a resource in the classroom, but it could be so much more, in and out of the classroom.


1 comment:

  1. TeacherTube also gives students a new and relevant audience to publish for. Ann

    ReplyDelete